Food And Drink
Our Head Chef
Our Head Chef, Malcolm Crawshaw delights in providing all our clients with nutritious, varied and interesting meals.
Malcolm has worked in the nursing home’s kitchen for over 17 years, having previously worked in hospitals and restaurants. The vast majority of the food is sourced locally and Malcolm works closely with a dietician to ensure that all our clients receive a balanced and nutritious diet. Special dietary requirements are catered for wherever possible.
Malcolm’s 2nd Chef is Dave Wall. Dave specialises in creating patisserie and cakes. Our clients love him!
Our Typical Menus
- Fruit juice, prunes or grapefruit segments
- Cereals including porridge, cornflakes, Weetabix
- Cooked breakfast: bacon, tomatoes, eggs (fried, scrambled or poached)
- Toast – white or brown with marmalade and jam.
- Roast beef or Chicken Chasseur
- Creamed potato, seasonal vegetables and gravy
- Chocolate sponge with chocolate sauce or ice cream
- Fish fingers & chips with bread & butter
- Soup, bread & butter
- Assorted sandwiches
- Fruit cake or cheese & biscuits